Survivor

Do Something Yummy is an initiative to raise awareness and support of childhood cancer charity CLIC Sargent. We are following the journey of Nickie at Typecast, who has given us writing prompts each week to inspire us to create posts that make people stop and think about the devastating effects of this disease on young people and their families. This week she gave us the option to draw what we see when we hear the word Survivor:

I knew immediately what to draw, and Mummy swears I have not seen the news in recent weeks, so this representation of the bizarre sinking of a ship in Italy recently is merely a coincidence:

"Survivor"See how the man overboard miraculously gtows hair and and acquires a life-jacket once he hits dry land? Impressive survival skills,eh?

The Bug went a little bit darker with his survivor:

"Dinosaur survivor"The poor little man on the right has been attacked by a very tall dinosaur. Luckily he had his laser-gun handy, which he used to emit supersonic rays which evaporated Monsieur dino’s head into a cloud of black smoke. His words, not mine…

Click on the badge to see what CLIC Sargent are doing during Yummy Mummy week, and how you can help to raise funds for this vital charity. If you think you could write your story of a survivor, check out Nickie’s story of cancer survival.

This entry was posted in Charity and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Survivor

1. Jenny Paulin says:

my goodness what have your been feeding your children? what an inspired way of highlighting the theme – brilliant and your children are great artists :) x
    Jenny Paulin recently posted..The Gallery: Local LandscapeMy Profile

2. Erica Price says:

Some great pictures. That news incident fascinated my son too.

3. MotherWifeMe says:

Gosh I love kids’ drawings and these are very lovely – great way to highlight this cause!
    MotherWifeMe recently posted..a Mother’s Work MemeMy Profile

Loving these pictures – and especially that the Bug incorporated a dinosaur into it ;)

I love looking at childrens pictures – it never ceases to amaze me what goes in their little minds, you seem to see things through pictures that you just don’t find out through talking!
    Mammasaurus recently posted..Comment on Making yourself sick after you eat. by StephsTwoGirlsMy Profile

5. Paula says:

fab pictures! i love to hear kids explain their drawings – they think so much! x

6. Blue Sky says:

Love this interpretation: I wish I had cooperative kids!
    Blue Sky recently posted..Young, stupid and full of paracetamol #dosomethingyummyMy Profile

7. LauraCYMFT says:

Seeing Bug’s picture I am somewhat relieved that my child wasn’t the only one that used guns and swords in his picture.
    LauraCYMFT recently posted..Survivors #dosomethingyummyMy Profile

8. Great pictures, very talented and creative children you have, you made me laugh with the amazing stunt of the growing hair survival skill! x
    Missing Sleep recently posted..Why I love my MumMy Profile

9. Elai says:

I hope when I have kids they will be like this too…

10. budding picassos I see ;o)
    Mummy Whisperer recently posted..How To Reduce Your To Do’s: Dump, Delegate, Do, DelayMy Profile

11. ha ha love it and love the way kids imaginations are so creative

12. Nickie says:

Fab pictures!! Wish I could draw as well as that ;-D And I’m actually not kidding!!

Thanks for joining in with all the #dosomethingyummy prompts and for helping out with the social media shout out xx
    Nickie recently posted..Celebrating Mother’s DayMy Profile

13. Thankyou so much for getting involved in #dosomethingyummy and for unleashing the creativity of your children, they are fab pics!

14. I love those pics. So colorful! And thank gawd for laser guns!
    Kristy @PampersandPinot recently posted..Being a Mommy Takes Ninja Mind TricksMy Profile

15. I am always amazed to see the imagination of young children.
    tahlia – the parenting files recently posted..WIN! a Kimochis Emotion Doll!My Profile