Following my first attempt at hosting Listography for Kate Takes 5, with my Top 5 Yoghurts, the Bug has been pestering Mummy for a post of his own. I may have mentioned that Daddy likes to bake muffins on a Sunday, and has become something of an improvisation expert with his random flavours. Chilli chocolate muffins was not one of his better attempts
The Bug rates the muffin quality each week and came up with his top 5 muffins:
1. bnerner fuj
2. apl and jinj
3. beetroot and choclt
4. strorbree and wight choclt
5. bloobree and wight choclt
Anyways, we decided there and then to make his top choice for tomorrow’s breakfast. So here you have it: the Bug’s favourite – bnerner fuj muffins!
They are jolly good! When you’ve finished meticulously copying down all our instructions, link up any posts you have that involve gorgeous attempts at writing or making sense of the world. You can steal our badge by copying and pasting the code from the widget at the bottom of the page into your own post.
Check out the Wot So Funee? main page if you need more inspiration, then click the link to add your post:
- 30g butter
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 over-ripe bananas
- 150g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 100g fudge chunks
- Melt the butter and honey together over a medium heat. Add the vanilla and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile mash the bananas well.
- Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and cinnamon together.
- Mix the butter and honey with the bananas, then stir into the flour mixture.
- Add the fudge chunks and stir through well.
- Divide the mixture between 6 large or 10 small muffin cases.
- Bake in the oven at 190 deg c (lower for fan ovens) for around 15-20 minutes, until springy to the touch. Remove from the pan and leave to cool.