We were recently given a new WeightWatchers recipe book titled Fresh and easy everyday. Mummy finds that the key to staying on track with her ProPoints is variety, so new recipes are always welcome. Inspired by our recent cookery class with top chef Francesco Mazzei, and by the promise of “easy” recipes, Mummy handed over this Weightwatchers book to me, and left me to get on with it.
I chose this easy Pork Schnitzel recipe because I like all the ingredients, and we estimated a total cooking time of 15 minutes. Mummy cooked some tiny rosemary and garlic potatoes, and roasted cabbage to go with it.
If you’re not following the WeightWatchers programme this is still a delicious dish. You could substitute our lo-calorie spray for olive oil, and use full-fat mozzarella.
Easy Pork Schnitzel recipe: 5 WeightWatchers ProPoints (serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 50 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon of garlic granules
- 400g pork loin steaks, trimmed completely of fat
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 100 g light mozzarella, sliced
- salt and pepper
- Whizz the parsley in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Mix the parsley, breadcrumbs and garlic granules together and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the pork steaks in between 2 sheets of clingfilm and flatten lightly with the end of a rolling pin.
- Press breadcrumbs onto each steak.
- Spray a baking tray with the cooking spray and place the steaks onto it. Grill, breadcrumb side up for 5-6 minutes until nearly cooked
- Top each steak with the sliced mozzarella, and grill for a further 2 minutes until the cheese is bubbling.
- Serve immediately with a salad or some steamed green veg.
* Disclosure: we were given our Fresh and Easy Everyday book by WeightWatchers for the purpose of review. All video and editorial content is our own.