Why getting fresh air is important: 4/52

We have a tendency to laziness in our family. The first hint of rain sees us rubbing our hands in anticipation of popcorn and a film by the fire, all 4 of us snuggled under a fleecy blanket, hiding our eyes from the parts that make us squeamish (for me it’s Voldemort, for Daddy it’s more likely to be a scene from a path lab, or a lost labrador).

But we can’t resist snow, and with the rest of the nation we duly donned our waterproofs and hiked our sledges to the nearest hill. The Bug, tearful at the prospect of getting cold, ill-fitting ski socks reminiscent of the failed skiing lesson Daddy insisted he took last summer, and the itchy label in his salopettes. Me, outraged at the lack of such a thing as a cool bobble-hat – seriously, what possible objection can my Dad have to leopard-print earmuffs??

"sledging"

As you can see, we forgot our angst once we hit the slopes, and didn’t come home until we had red cheeks and snow down our necks, exhilaration fueling our need to build our snowman. We could have holed up indoors for a duvet day, but then we would never have met Viv, the Aussie snowman:

"snowman on the beers"

And we wouldn’t have appreciated this hot chocolate nearly as much…

"luxury hot  chocolate"

I’m linking this post to the Gallery at Sticky Fingers, where the theme this week is “Adventure.”

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall
TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to Why getting fresh air is important: 4/52

1. Urgh, there really is nothing quite like snow down your necks. I got snow down my wellies too which was rather unpleasant.
    Great photos of your snowy adventures. And that hot chocolate looks LUSH!!!! X

2. Grenglish says:

FUN! We need a sledge… and a handsome snowman like Viv!
    x
    Grenglish recently posted..A Bloody Brilliant WeekendMy Profile

3. Karen says:

Yes gorgeous pics and that hot chocolate is making me want one x

4. Snowy adventures are the best kind :-)
    Fivegoblogging recently posted..AdventureMy Profile

5. Looks like you all had a really fun and adventurous time. And as for that hot chocolate…!
    Only Best For Baby recently posted..The Photo Gallery: AdventureMy Profile

6. Shell Louise says:

A very impressive amount of marshmallows on the hot chocolate….that’s how we like it in our house too!
    Shell Louise recently posted..Photo challenge 23 – Something oldMy Profile

7. Sims Life says:

Fab pics… have to admit that the hot chocolate and marshmellows looks aweseome!! :)
    Sims Life recently posted..Weight Loss Wednesday – Reaching The First Milestone – Weight WatchersMy Profile

8. Ah man I wish we weren’t snowed in, oh well what warm and drink hot choc, I love the tower of marshmallow!
    there and back again a mothers tale recently posted..Things I like…frugality!My Profile

9. WallyMummy says:

Awww x loving the pics ;) but loving that hot chocolate more! Pls an you come over and make me one of those every night before bed? And ‘gin it up’ at the same time? OK? lol x
    WallyMummy recently posted..Self Deprivation (of the Mummy Variety)My Profile

10. Sarah says:

Looks like great fun. Never met an Aussie snowman before. Must put that on my to-do list :)
    Sarah recently posted..The Gallery: AdventureMy Profile

11. OneDad3Girls says:

Loved looking at your snow adventure and look at the size of that hot chocolate/marshmallow tower
    OneDad3Girls recently posted..#Countrykids Sorry More SnowMy Profile

12. TheBoyandMe says:

Hope you put some marshmallows underneath the cream so they could melt? Good work on making sure the snowman had refreshments as well.

Popping over from Country Kids and 365 linky, thanks for linking up.
    TheBoyandMe recently posted..365 #4My Profile

woah that is SOME hot chocolate…amazing!
    sarah recently posted..#silentsundayMy Profile

14. jenny paulin says:

looks like you all enjoyed your snowy adventure. we didnt have much snow so we havent been able to make snowmen or sledging .However, i still managed to get some snow down the back of my neck when brushing past bushes in my garden!!! and that hot chocolate looks rather yummy mmmmm x
    jenny paulin recently posted..Silent SundayMy Profile

15. Jaime Oliver says:

omg how many marshmallows? thats fantastic!
    Jaime Oliver recently posted..Silent SundayMy Profile

16. Snow photo look great fun… great piccies and that hot chocolate looks Awesome!!!
    Sonia Constant recently posted..More snow fun – Country KidsMy Profile

17. Foz says:

Looks like you had loads of fun in the snow!!
    Foz recently posted..Project 365 – Days 20 to 26My Profile

18. Nikki Thomas says:

Brilliant photos but that hot chocolate looks amazing!
    Nikki Thomas recently posted..Project 365 – Week 4My Profile

19. Great snowy pictures with a well deserved hot chocolate at the end lol
    cass@frugalfamily recently posted..Our week in pictures (and a few words) – week 4….My Profile

20. LauraCYMFT says:

You can’t beat a cold day outdoors and then a hot chocolate to warm up!
    LauraCYMFT recently posted..What We Did Last Week #WeekFourMy Profile

21. Notmyyearoff says:

We spent soooo much time indoors over Xmas I started going a bit stir crazy. Love Viv, I hope she had a good time here!! And wow!!!! ..to the hot chocolate!
    Notmyyearoff recently posted..Bunnykins Royal Doulton Feeding Bowl and Spoon – A ReviewMy Profile

22. Fantastic photos! Love the joy of snow… especially when it results in a hot chocolate like that!!
    Johnson Babies recently posted..Life with toddler twinsMy Profile

23. Galina V says:

Fab photos! My little man was very excited to see the snow, now that is is gone, he comes to the window every morning expecting to see more.

24. I suppose it would make sense that the Aussie snowman would be here, after all it would probably be a bit warm for him at home! Love the hot chocolate, that should be mandatory after a sledging session.
    Red Rose Mummy recently posted..Thursday 31/1/2013 Smile! (92/365)My Profile