Athlete’s Foot: Wot so Funee?

"athlete's foot"

Image credit

Very short, but very snort-worthy this week. A quick story about athlete’s foot, from a friend of mine. Finishing off her bath-time routine, E notices the tin of athlete’s foot spray perched on the corner of the bath:

• E “Oh, by the way Mum, that stuff doesn’t work.”
  • Mum: “What do you mean?”
  • E: *shrugs* “Just that it doesn’t work, I sprayed some on my feet and it made no difference.”
  • Mum: “What? Why did you spray it on your feet?”
  • E: *huffs* “Well, obviously, I wanted to run faster. Like I said, it doesn’t work…”

Wot? Wot so Funee?

Wot So Funee?Now, if you have your own post to link this week, grab the badge code from the sidebar, and click the link below to enter your post – I can’t wait to see what you have! It’s not obligatory, but if you include a link back here in your own post, I’ll return the favour with a tweet-out. If you’re new here you can check out theWot So Funee? main page for more info.

About GG

GG (Glib Girl) is an 8 year old schoolgirl with a mind of her own. Running amok all over the parenting rules... Full Profile on Google+
This entry was posted in Latest Funee Posts, Miscellaneous, Wot So Funee? and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Athlete’s Foot: Wot so Funee?

1. Cathie B says:

Short and quite to the point – you were right – definitely snort worthy – luckily nobody was in the kitchen with me when it happened!!!!!

2. Kim Carberry says:

hahaha!! When I was a kid my dad had athlete’s foot and I used to think he was an athlete because he had it…lol
    Kim Carberry recently posted..My girls make me laugh! #FuneeMy Profile

3. Haha brilliant. Well in all fairness, Athletes Foot is a bit of a stupid name isn’t it! I have linked up xx
    Emma (crazywithtwins) recently posted..A Bum Deal: Wot So FuneeMy Profile

4. Haha! I love how he thought a product would make him faster, kids are amazing! X
    Emma TheMinimesandMe recently posted..The Funny Things Kids Say And DoMy Profile

5. Aly says:

I love kids lateral thinking when they are younger.I’m rubbish at blogging my kids little funnees.Must try harder after Brit Mums Live!
    Aly recently posted..I’m Going To BritMums 2013 Live Meet And Greet LinkyMy Profile

6. Rachel says:

Children and their lovely, wonderful, fantastic magical thinking! Please send my condolences that it didn’t work!
    Rachel recently posted..What Makes a Good Role Model?My Profile

7. Ha yes, I could see that coming. Love the lateral thinking, totally logical – why DO we call it athlete’s foot?! I used to get it lots when I swam competitively so thought it should be called swimmer’s foot ;)
    Ruth’s all sorts recently posted..The Clarabel buggy – wot so funee?My Profile

8. Kathleen says:

This is one of the best ones I’ve heard in years! Still giggling!

9. That is completely logical! Love it, still giggling :)
    Sara (@mumturnedmom) recently posted..Robust vocabulary…My Profile

10. Logical answer there! Kids make such sense. Sorry there’s no funee from us this week, we’ll be back at the beginning of July after our holidays xx
    Verily, Victoria Vocalises recently posted..Jump Up and Join In Books by Carrie and David Grant. A Review.My Profile

11. Susan Mann says:

lol that’s hilarious. I must join back in next week x
    Susan Mann recently posted..The Gallery 146 – DadsMy Profile

12. I love that kids take things so literally; I told my son that fish is known as ‘brain food’ and he said, ‘Why should I believe that? A funny bone isn’t REALLY funny, is it?’ Like this example, you can completely understand the logic :)
    Distressed Housewife recently posted..No CommentMy Profile

13. Fab. How little minds work!