School’s out, and so is all my schoolwork. Out of the classroom, and into my schoolbag, to be dumped unceremoniously on the hall floor, where it will stay for the next six weeks. If I have my way, which I never do, obviously! *Huffs.* So Mummy rummaged through all my stuff, and emerged clutching this:
I call it the Water Extreme 200017. So called because parts of the world are extremely short on water, and I’m pretty sure that at least 200,017 people are affected. So I have invented this for them. As you can see, it collects rainwater, filters it clean, and dispenses it on demand. I’ve even factored in a large section for cup storage. I’m looking for a partner in production so we can ship it to the 3rd World. I hear that Lord Sugar is on the lookout for a good idea…
Inventions by children
It’s not as far-fetched an idea as you might think. Children have come up with some pretty cool inventions before now, and I plan to count myself amongst their ranks:
- Soldiers in the 1st World War had 15 year old Chester Greenwood to thank for inventing the earmuffs they wore in the freezing cold trenches.
- In 1905, 11 year old Frank Epperson accidentally left a soda mix he was making out on the porch on a cold night. In the morning he had the world’s first ice-lolly.
- Eleven-year-old Keegan invented the mini dry wipe board that is used in most primary schools for literacy and maths practice.
- The toy truck – invented by a 6 year old!
- And the pinnacle of success – the trampoline. Invented by a 16 year old gymnast who figured out that dropping from a trapeze into a safety net was so much fun that people might want to do it again, and again, and again!
So what do you think? Will my Water Extreme 200017 make it to the top of the patent charts?
Now, if you have your own post to link this week, grab the badge code from the sidebar, and click the link below to enter your post – I can’t wait to see what you have! It’s not obligatory, but if you include a link back here in your own post, I’ll return the favour with a tweet-out. If you’re new here you can check out the Wot So Funee? main page for more info.