National Geographic Kids magazine: Wot so Funee?

Wot So Funee?For about a year now we’ve been subscribers to National Geographic Kids magazine. It costs us about £30 a year, and I can honestly tell you it’s the best thirty quid we spend in terms of value for money for the kids. GG especially reads it cover to cover, fills in everything she’s asked to, attempts every craft, and enters every single competition! Ok so it actually costs us a bit more, by the time you factor in the cost of stamps and envelopes for all the comps ;) With features on topical news (they covered the Olympics) as well as our natural world and the creatures that live in it, it’s an interesting read for all of us actually, and for a kids magazine it’s impressive on facts.

But our favourite part of Kids Magazine? Well it’s this feature, that provides us with puerile giggles every single month:

National Geographic Kids Funny Fill-in has us giggling every time

GG gets her brother to give her the responses, hence the bodily parts humour. This one was done in the car, hence the preponderance of road-related nouns. I used to consider myself stylish, intelligent, and business-like. Kids Magazine has shown me up for what I really am – a 3 year old boy in the body of a comedienne wannabe…

Oh, and she did eventually win something too!

NG Kids Magazine winner

Wot So Funee?Now, if you have your own post to link this week, grab the badge code from the sidebar, and click the link below to enter your post – I can’t wait to see what you have! It’s not obligatory, but if you include a link back here in your own post, I’ll return the favour with a tweet-out. If you’re new here you can check out the Wot So Funee? main page for more info.

Kiddycharts Blog

This entry was posted in Latest Funee Posts, Miscellaneous, Wot So Funee? and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to National Geographic Kids magazine: Wot so Funee?

1. Louise says:

boys do love body part humour don’t they!
    Louise recently posted..Photobox ReviewMy Profile

2. That’s really inventive – appropriate really, huh? Looks a great magazine on every level – will investigate. And I do love this linky – glad you still do it.
    Anya from Older Single Mum and The Healer recently posted..My Most Perfect #Parenting Moment Ever.My Profile

3. Pingback: National Geographic Kids magazine: Wot so Funee? | Love All Blogs

4. Your daughter has quite the imagination, I’m not sure I would be able to keep up with her.
    AlwaysARedhead recently posted..I went from a stay-at-home-mom to retiredMy Profile

5. AtoZ Mummy says:

I love this! I too worry about the fact that I have the humour of a 4 year old ;) Bottoms!!! Well done to GG for her win x
    AtoZ Mummy recently posted..A New ChapterMy Profile

6. “bottoms” *Sniggers* Love it when kids say “bottoms” like it’s really bad!!
    Luci – mother.wife.me recently posted..First day at nursery #MagicMomentsMy Profile

7. Notmyyearoff says:

Hehe I love their sense if humour. I think my OH would love this mag too. Well done to GG on winning!!
    Notmyyearoff recently posted..Things Little Z SaysMy Profile

8. Nikki says:

I am a new blogger, and have linked up for the very first time :)

I hope you like my post and I will definitely be investigating into that magazine :)
    Nikki recently posted..Wot So Funee? 10/09/13My Profile

9. Mum of One says:

I love the thought of Simon Cowell screaming from the top of his bottom. Mwahahaha.
    Mum of One recently posted..Mondays Parenting Pin It Party #17My Profile

Such a great sense of humour – I love that the first electric dolphin has been invented and screaming at the top of bottoms! Brilliant, such a great imagination. POD’s is improving, she’s been telling nursery we have rats at home x
    Charly Dove recently posted..Taking a toddler to a weddingMy Profile

11. Haha, this is brilliant! I love that the machine started walking and sweating, and shot out goo and beans :) Such a good idea for an activity for kids, and the mag in general sounds good value!
    Ruth’s all sorts recently posted..Who’s afraid of the ice cream van? – wot so funee?My Profile

12. WallyMummy says:

My answers would have been much the same… obviously ;) lol x
    WallyMummy recently posted..Toddler Heaven, Mummy Hell…My Profile

13. A machine that shoots out sliced baked beans, could be on to something there! Excellent :)
    Sara (@mumturnedmom) recently posted..A dangerous lie-inMy Profile

14. what age group is this magazine aimed at? I have looked at it for Bob, he’s 7, but wondered how much he would get out of it when they can google anything they want to now.
    Elaine Livingstone recently posted..Happy Birthday TweezeMy Profile

• Helen says:

Ah but it’s not just learning facts, it’s inspiring them to find out more through the stories. GG is 9 but she loves it. Bug is 6 and just beginning to enjoy it so I’d say 7 is perfect

15. Welcome to my world: three boys=willies, farts, bums, wee and poo as our main topics of conversation. I’ve heard other people saying this mag is great too, think I may have to subscribe for Josh (he’s eight). Great imagination as always from GG :) xx
    Distressed Housewife recently posted..We’ve Got a Runner!My Profile

i like the idea of screaming from the top of your bottom!!
    sarah recently posted..Missing summer #oneweekMy Profile

17. JallieDaddy says:

Well “screaming from the top of my bottoms” made me laugh as well :)
    JallieDaddy recently posted..Silent Sunday 15/9/13My Profile

18. Clearly we need to get this magazine in our life if you can get laughs like this from it – wonderful! Thanks so much for linking up to the Parenting Pin it Party with this post as well :-D
    Helen Neale (@KiddyCharts) recently posted..Tips for single parents who want to start dating againMy Profile

19. Emily says:

Wonderful, you’re making me NEED this magazine!
    Love the idea of living like ‘Simone Cowell’ and great choice of sliced food to shoot everywhere. xx

20. Claudia says:

I’ve been looking for a good pair of slippers for my young girl that
    can actually match her clothing, I think it would be so handy if stores sold dresses matched with
    a pair of shoes