Better Photo Project 365 #07

Hatfield Galleria at duskIt’s not the best photo this week, snapped at dusk as we climbed to the top of the car park at Hatfield Galleria after seeing the new LEGO movie. (And for those of you wondering, yes, it is worth seeing – very cool indeed). I’ve doctored it in picmonkey as best I can, but it’s still grainy – an iPhone in the dark is not the photographer’s best friend.

But I took it because it impressed me with its drama on a stormy evening. And there is a story. My children are fans of the top levels. Apparently I am quite a good mum. Quite. Not excellent, because I tend to park wherever I see a space, such is the desire to get on with whatever comes next in my day. My daughter made this observation recently:

“When I’m a mum I’m going to be really nice to my children and always take them to the top level, just to make them happy.”

So last weekend we drove past empty spaces, up ramps I never knew existed, right to the top of the wind-blown uppermost level. I’m glad we did, because now I know what the top of Hatfield Galleria looks like. Pretty cool!

In other news this week, Valentine’s Day saw Actually Daddy forgo his usual dash into town for late-night, last-minute chocolate shopping, and plan ahead with this little gem:

Hashtag: the perfect gift for a social media addictWhat more could a social media fan need than their very own hashtag?

Linking up with Love All Blogs Better Photo ProjectThe Boy and Me’s 365 linky, and Podcast’s What’s the Story.

This entry was posted in 366 Project, Better Photo Project, Miscellaneous and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Better Photo Project 365 #07

1. Notmyyearoff says:

Ooh that pretty stunning. I love all the colours!
    Notmyyearoff recently posted..Giveaway – Its Potty Time Training DVDMy Profile

2. 76sunflowers says:

I love a grainy pic and the hashtag is fab :)
    76sunflowers recently posted..365 #7 {Achievements}My Profile

3. Your own hashtag? Wow! Not only are you the best mum, but you’ve got the best husband too!
    Sarah MumofThree World recently posted..What she wore: Friend’s partyMy Profile

I love that photo Helen regardless of it being taken on a mobile. Nothing like a dramatic sky! The Lego movie sounds great, I bet GG and Bug loved it. Brilliant present from Jason – your very own hashtag. Awesome :)
    Charly Dove recently posted..Project 365: Week #7My Profile

5. I think iPhones do the best stormy skies shots. The Galleria, that takes me back…

Mich x
    Michelle Twin Mum recently posted..Take a different perspective – A year in photos (week 7)My Profile

6. Kara says:

I always have to take mine to the top level too, which is fine when it is dry, not so much in the howling wind and driving rain!
    We cannot wait to see the Lego Movie
    Kara recently posted..Silent Sunday – 16th February 2014My Profile

7. Emmys Mummy says:

I never knew the Galleria had a top level lol. I always grab the first space too
    Emmys Mummy recently posted..Project 365 – Photo Round Up Week 7My Profile

8. Loving the hashtag!! #project365
    Life With ASD and Me recently posted..Carcraft Lego ChallengeMy Profile

9. Fabulous photo, love the colours & its dramaticness (!).
    Cool hashtag, would make great bookend.

10. I thought the first picture was on a pier of some sort, no idea it was a car park. I do really like it. It has drama.
    AlwaysARedhead recently posted..Romance for Valentine’s DayMy Profile

11. Well done Actually Daddy. A really thoughtful and lovely gift. And I love the moody picture from the top level.

12. LauraCYMFT says:

Love the first photo. Gorgeous! How great to have your very own hashtag LOL!
    LauraCYMFT recently posted..Silent Sunday #7My Profile

13. Loving that hashtag – and the moody top photo, sounds like you’ve had a good week! x
    Love All Blogs recently posted..DIY Visualization BoardMy Profile

14. jenny paulin says:

wow that hashtag is very cool and i love that you display your awards in full view rather than in the downstairs toilet lol xx
    jenny paulin recently posted..Toffee & Yogurt Ice Cream (Stapleton Yogurt Review)My Profile

15. Excellent photo grainy or not! and yes, an excellent mum for escalating to the roof!
    #goodhusband
    fivegoblogging recently posted..Love isMy Profile

16. What a fab gift! And I’m glad you made it to the top level :)
    Iona@Redpeffer recently posted..This is meMy Profile

17. Jenny says:

Your own hastag, WOW, #iamjealous lol What a great gift! Great picture grainy or not, sometimes we only have our cell phones and need to capture the moment. I think it adds a great effect to be grainy in this scenario!
    Jenny recently posted..Sister, don’t cry!My Profile

Sill loving the atmospheric skyline. Hope you’re polishing that hashtag! Thanks for sharing with #whatsthestory
    Charly Dove recently posted..Sport Relief Team Honk Blogger RelayMy Profile

19. Now you’re a very cool top level Mum with a very cool photo of the skyline. #whatsthestory
    Kriss MacDonald recently posted..Siblings – FebruaryMy Profile

20. HPMcQ says:

who knew top level would be such a cool thing to do! might give it a go #coolmum
    HPMcQ recently posted..better photo project week sevenMy Profile

21. Coombemill says:

Look at those lovely awards with your special Hash Tag. go you!
    Coombemill recently posted..A Greek Taverna for Farmer NickMy Profile

22. I think it’s a pretty amazing photo as it is – love the story that goes with it #whatsthestory

23. Su Tyler says:

What a lovely comment by your daughter. I think we can all learn from that!
    Su Tyler recently posted..Week 7 #Project365 – 2014My Profile

24. I like this picture! I love the moodiness of it… X
    older mum in a muddle recently posted..Cakes In CocoMy Profile

25. Menai says:

Super – I love the shot and I aspire to being a Top Level Mum now too! Adore the hashtag – what a find!
    Menai recently posted..“However many terrible, rankling, peeve-inducing things may occur, there are always libraries. And…”My Profile