A beautiful necklace for mothers
When the world started asking where Kate Middleton found the lovely necklace she was spotted wearing a year ago, Merci Maman were proud to realise that it was one of their own pieces, purchased by Pippa for her sister after the birth of Prince George. Sweet and simple in design, it was classic enough for a royal mum, but personal enough that any mum would love to have her own version. So they created the Duchess necklace, which retails at £79. And to celebrate Mother’s Day you can win one for someone you love, or *whispers* even for yourself…
What I love about this necklace is the mix: the simple inscription of a baby boy’s name, a little boy icon, and still room for your partner’s initial. But you can vary the engravings to suit yourself and your own family. Taking a look around the site though, I personally fell in love with this ‘little acorns’ design – how sweet is this for an idea?
Merci Maman means thank you Mum, and the name derives from the company’s French origins. All the jewellery is sterling silver or gold-plated, and each piece is unique, so whatever you choose, you’re giving someone a personalised gift they won’t find anywhere else.
There are so many pretty designs that you’re bound to fall in love with at least one of them. But if a necklace isn’t your thing, there are also gorgeous bracelets you can customise. From gold and silver-plated charm bracelets, to this simple cord ID bracelet, they’re all stunningly elegant, yet simple enough for a child to wear too.
When my children were little I used to put paper wristbands on them, or write my phone number on their arms before visiting a busy place – practical but ugly. Now, as my 10 year old looks for more independence from her mum, knowing that she’ll enjoy the pretty colours and cool design of a bracelet like this, gives me a little more confidence to let her fly. You can personalise the discs and charms with any inscription you like, so whether it’s a phone number, or a medical condition, you have the reassurance of knowing that in an emergency the information is right there with your child.
Win a Duchess necklace personalised with your own children’s names
For the opportunity to win a Duchess necklace from Merci Maman, simply complete the options in the form below:
Terms and Conditions:
1. Entry is open to UK residents only, excluding anyone professionally associated with the Promoter.
2. One winners will receive a Duchess necklace, inscribed with their choice of names. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and there is no cash alternative.
3. The prize draw starts at 12.01am GMT on 5 March 2015 and closes at 11.59pm GMT on 10 March 2015.
4. Entry is free and must be made by visiting the Merci Maman website, and commenting on this blog post answering: ‘Which item from the Merci Maman website do you love the most?’ Bonus entries can be obtained by tweeting about the giveaway, visiting Merci Maman on Facebook, visiting Actually Mummy on Facebook, following Merci Maman on Twitter, or following Actually Blog on Twitter.
5. The name of the winners will be published on this website within 14 days of the giveaway closing.
6. The winners will be drawn at random using Rafflecopter and they must have left a means of contact.
7. The winners will be notified by email. They willl have a week to respond, after which time a redraw will take place.
8. In the unlikely event that the prize becomes unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value.
9. The Promoter’s decision on all matters is final and binding on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. By taking part in this competition you agree to be bound by the competition terms and conditions.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and / or winner in its discretion and without any notice in accordance with these terms and conditions.
12. The Promoter is: Merci Maman, Top Floor, 25 Heathman’s Road, London, SW6 4TJ
Merci Maman gifted me a bracelet for the purposes of review, and in return for running this giveaway.