If you follow our social media accounts, it will not have escaped your notice that we have a new kitchen gadget. I have waxed lyrical about the Cook4Me by Tefal, to the extent that several of my online friends have gone straight down to Argos to buy one for themselves. Still others have added the intelligent multicooker to their Christmas list. I’m pretty confident that it will live up to expectation, and very excited to have one to give away today. I’ll be reviewing the Cook4Me fully next week, when you will find out how we got on handing the kitchen over to GG and the Bug for a week, to prepare all our meals.
Easy Sausage and Bean Stew Recipe
In the meantime, I’m sharing one of the recipes my 12 and 10 year old made for dinner in the Cook4Me – Sausage and Bean Stew, a hearty meal that’s perfect for families on a cold, dark evening. It will also keep warm for as long as you want without suffering, which is always a plus for a busy family with lots of after-school activities to fit in. All I did was a little bit of veg chopping, for safety, then the kids did the rest. There’s wine in the stew too – perfect excuse for mum to pour a glass and put her feet up.
- 2 tps sunflower oil
- 8 good quality pork sausages
- 100g (1 large) chopped onion
- 100g (1) diced red pepper
- 400g can of mixed beans, drained
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 100g (2 large) carrots, diced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 150ml red wine
- 1tsp sugar
- Pour the oil into the Cook4Me, if using, otherwise heat in a large saucepan
- Brown the sausages for a few minutes, or follow the instructions on the Cook4Me
- Add the onion and pepper and brown until softened
- Add all the remaining ingredients. In the Cook4Me, this dish will cook for 9 minutes and be ready to serve with some rice, noodles, yummy roast potatoes, or a chunk of crusty bread. So pour yourself a glass of wine (squash if you're under 18) and set the table!
- In the saucepan, cover and simmer for around 20 minutes, until thickened and ready to serve.
- Season and serve straight away.
Win a Cook4Me from Tefal
Take a look at the challenge Tefal set for us, then fill in the options in the form below to be in with a chance of winning a Cook4Me for your own family. I promise, it is probably the easiest kitchen device you’ll ever use. In fact, it’s so simple that you will actually leave them to it at least once, and let your kids serve dinner: wait till you see the Chinese ‘Fakeaway’ they cooked. Check out the #ChefsOfTheFuture hashtag next week to see more films of the recipes the kids made for us during the challenge.
We were paid by Tefal UK for our time and video footage for the Chefs of the Future films.
Giveaway Terms and Conditions
1. Entry is open to UK residents only, excluding anyone professionally associated with Actually Mummy or the promoter.
2. One winner will receive a Tefal Cook4Me. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and there is no cash alternative.
3. The prize draw starts at 12.01am GMT on Thursday 17 November 2016 and closes at 11.59pm GMT on Wednesday 30 November 2016.
4. Entry is free and must be made by commenting on this blog post answering: ‘What kitchen problem do you need most help with when cooking family meals?’ Bonus entries can be obtained by tweeting about the giveaway, visiting TefalUK on Facebook, visiting Actually Mummy on Facebook, following TefalUK on Twitter, and following Actually Mummy on Twitter.
5. The name of the winner will be published on this website within 14 days of the giveaway closing, and the winner confirming.
6. The winner will be drawn at random using Rafflecopter and they must have commented on this blog post for their entry to count.
7. The winner will be notified by email. They will have a week to respond, after which time a redraw will take place. The winner must have submitted address details by 16 December to receive the prize by Christmas day.
8. In the unlikely event that the prize becomes unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value.
9. The Promoter’s decision on all matters is final and binding on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. By taking part in this competition you agree to be bound by the competition terms and conditions.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and / or winner at its discretion and without any notice in accordance with these terms and conditions.
12. The Promoter is: Tefal UK,
Groupe SEB UK Ltd
Customer Relations Department